Princess of Power

Where I talk about my home, my family and of course, my knitting.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday dear me
Happy Birthday to me.

So today I am 30. What does that mean, hopefully not a whole heck of a lot. So far birthday is going well.

First the weekend. Saturday night was Heidi's wedding. Even though I had not seen Heidi in about 2 years, she is still a great true friend. We had a fantastic time at the wedding, thanks to the crazy bunch of people we sat with. I don’t think we have laughed so much in a while...

All the best Heidi - you looked gorgeous.


Next on Monday my MIL took us out for a lovely Korean dinner for my birthday. I got spoilt, as usual with many a gift, including a beautiful necklace that I had been eyeing when we had been window shopping together several months ago. She is so sweet! Also, they made me a swift! No more winding yarn form back of chairs. Here it is in action:


A minor fire department involved scare requiring a new Carbon Monoxide detector later and the weekend was over. Today (happy birthday to me) I got birthday cards with birthday money (more yarn!) and call from Atlanta (mom and dad) and Czech Republic (sis). And of course, Markham with the much anticipated Bill Heron rendition of Happy Birthday to you.

On my needles right now are two tanks. The green one is using Butterfly mercerized cotton and is my first attempt at creating a pattern 100% myself. Now that I have wound the second ball of yarn with my new swift, I can finish it.



The second tank is a variation of one I saw somewhere with some minor tweeks. The straps are taking forever which is driving me crazy but it should be done soon. The yarn is (believe it or not) Bernat handicrafter which I got on sale at Zellers for a dollar a ball. The tank is going to cost about $5 when done. Awesome. The colour is rosewood, and it reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream. mmm...ice cream.


Tonight we are going out for dinner. I cross my fingers that muffin will be well behaved...I hope so.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home