Princess of Power

Where I talk about my home, my family and of course, my knitting.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

2 shawls to talk about today.

1 - I finished and blocked my Swallowtail Shawl. Here is a pre-blocked shot



and some nice after blocking pics.



I love those lace close-ups. I am very proud of myself on this one cause it’s my first lace shawl and because it’s the first time I used charts instead of written out directions for knitting. Yarn is Knit Picks Shimmer in flower garden. I used the variegated yarn because I figured it would hide all the mistakes I assumed I would make. Not I kinda wish I had used a solid colour, so the pattern would pop more. I do love the colours though. Not what you would call subtle.

2 - I finished a really quick chunky shawl for my mom in 2 days! Yarn is Bernat Illusions, colour Radiant Red. I really did not enjoy working on this. I hate knitting with textured yarn and I did not have high hopes for the finished project. It turned out nice in the end though. Very cozy, and so quick to make!



I am still plugging away and my Christmas knitting. Khalil and I are leaving for a week in Atlanta on Saturday so that will either mean no time to knit, or a hell of a lot of time to knit.

And finally, the prize for the cutest picture today is Khalil...who insisted on wearing the shawl for a photo.


Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home