Princess of Power

Where I talk about my home, my family and of course, my knitting.

Monday, January 29, 2007

I really can’t get the hang of this blogging thing - while in theory I like the idea of an online journal, I can’t seem to keep up with it. So here we are 2 months since my last post, and I finally get around to posting again.

And as usual, the only things I post about are FO's......

Here are my newest finished objects, three items I am very, very proud of.

First, a baby sweater for my brand spanking newborn cousin in Virginia

Yarn used is Bernat Handicrafter. This is so cute it painful. I wish I could see it on the baby, but alas, I will be mailing it instead of delivering in person.



Next is The Marseilles Pullover form IK Summer "06. I don't understand why this sweater was in a summer issue. Especially since the pattern calls for Alpaca. Can you imagine wearing Alpaca in the summer? Maybe in other climates, but not appropriate for Toronto. This was easily the most complicated cable pattern I have ever attempted, and took me a while because it’s cabled on the back to, but I had a lot of fun making it. I ran out of yarn and since I purchased this yarn In Victoria BC I didn't have high hopes of getting the dye lot again. I made the sleeves shorter instead, and I really like the way it turned out. The fit is amazing, the yarn is so gorgeous....the colour, the feel. I am in love with this sweater.

Yarn used is Cascade 220 the Heathers, Colour plum heather. Used 4 Skeins.






My last one is a solution to a problem. I have been drinking a lot of tea of late while suffering from the dreaded winter. The result of the cold weather was that the tea in my teapot was always cold before I could even get my second cup poured. I decided it was time for a tea cozy. After looking at lots of patterns I could not find one I liked, so I designed one. My very accommodating teapot allowed me to take lots of measurements and try it on her often (teapots are much more accommodating than husbands or sons) and it in end we have the cutest tea cozy I have ever seen. My son calls it the teapot sweater, and it is just darling. And...It works. I no longer have cold tea at the bottom of the pot. I am happy, my teapot is happy, A happy solution to an everyday problem.

Behold the Teapot sweater. I am thinking about posting the pattern is anyone is interested.



Current projects in the works are Simple Knitted Bodice in Simply Soft, and my third branching out (I love that pattern) in Bernat cool crochet (interesting yarn by the way, makes a nice draped shiny branching out, and costs about $2.50).




That’s all for now.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:34 a.m., Blogger chandra said…

    Farah,

    i like your bodice for the pot !

    warm wishes

    chandra

    chandrasart.blogspot.com

     
  • At 11:52 a.m., Blogger Batty said…

    Oh, wow! I love the baby sweater, and the cable sweater looks fantastic!

    The pot cozy is so cute. Beautiful work all around!

     
  • At 11:53 a.m., Blogger lekkercraft said…

    All of your projects look great! I love the pullover, and I love the color of the simple knitted bodice - can't wait to see it finished!

     
  • At 12:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I love all the work. Please post the teapot sweater pattern. It is adorable!

     
  • At 10:44 p.m., Blogger Jacque said…

    Hats off to you-what great FO's.

    I love the color of the cabled sweater-really beautiful.

    the baby sweater is too, too cute and what a quick knit (I did a baby yoda earlier this year for my new one)

    You've inspired mme to do the simply knitted bodice and I love the tea cozy. Do please let me know if you publish the pattern. I think I want one.

     
  • At 12:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love your Marseilles Pullover, I really liked it in the magazine, but seeing it worn in real life. Wow, gorgeous!

     
  • At 9:31 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sweater is beautiful - the colour, the shape and the shorter sleeves all suit you to a T.

    Popppins

     

Post a Comment

<< Home